Ready to take the challenge? Share this! Tasted a new whisky? Share this!
Gavin Hewitt is stepping down next month after ten years as the chief executive of the Scotch Whisky Association, balancing the needs of member whisky companies with the industry’s overall best interests as Scotch whisky sales have exploded globally. On this week’s WhiskyCast In-Depth, he’ll go through the highlights of the last ten years and a few things he would have done differently. In the news, Diageo says it doesn’t need to make a bid for Beam to succeed in the Bourbon business, Wild Turkey brings back its 101-proof Rye whiskey, and we’ll have a complete roundup of new whiskies hitting the market this week.
- Whisky Industry Cries Foul Over Becoming Collateral Damage in Aviation Trade Dispute
- U.S. Hits Scotch & Irish Whiskies with 25% Tariffs in Trade Dispute
- Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame Introduces Class of 2019
- Virginia Distillery Settles Lawsuit Over “Highland” Branding
- Pernod Ricard’s US Portfolio Grows with Castle Brands Acquisition
- Heaven Hill Expands Into Canada with $266 Million Black Velvet Acquisition
- Clock Ticking on Extension of Tax Break for Craft Distillers
- Virginia Distillery Faces SWA Lawsuit Over “Virginia-Highland” Whisky
- Jim Beam Warehouse Fire Leaves Behind Environmental Impact
- Jim Beam Bourbon Warehouse Still Burning in Kentucky