Glenmorangie 18

Country: Scotland
Region: Highlands
Type: Single Malt
Bottler: Distiller
ABV: 46%
Score: 93 points

This Glenmorangie uses a mix of 70% malts matured for 18 years in ex-Bourbon barrels, with the remaining 30% aged for 15 years in the same fashion, with the final three years in Oloroso Sherry casks to round off any rough edges. The nose is full of citrus fruits, toffee, apricots, and nuts, while the taste has notes of orange and grapefruit at first, followed by honey, hazelnut, and hints of figs and dates. The finish is full of Christmas cake with a sherried fruitiness and hints of apricot and cinnamon. Well rounded, smooth, and excellent. (April, 2010)

Mark Gillespie

I'm the host and executive producer of WhiskyCast.

Add Comment